Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Gay professional boxer Orlando Cruz has a message for Manny Pacquiao

English is not his first language but openly gay professional boxer Orlando "The Phenom" Cruz has a message for boxing star Manny Pacquiao and his recent comments saying that gays having sex is worse than animals having sex.

Orlando says:
Hi, Manny: For you to say that homosexuality is like animal sex is irresponsible. I am a homosexual. Are you sure you hate me for my lifestyle? Jesus said about the adulteress woman: "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her."
Hear this first: God asked you to love one another unconditionally. I invite you to meet with me to get to know us as human beings first and I guarantee you will think differently. Maybe afterwards we can do a sparring session. Take care and I will be praying for you and your family. Thank you.
VIDEO (turn annotations on):


Orlando "The Phenom" Cruz next fight will be televised on Telemundo and will take place on Friday, March 4th.

UPDATE: Orlando posted the following message on his Twitter account on Friday, February 19th.  "Because he is my love and I love him despite what Manny Pacquiao may say.  [Pacquiao's] words are like mud to me. Open your mind."

In the photo, Orlando is posing with his husband Jose Manuel.

No comments: